GoPro have announced a software update for the HERO 3 Black Edition, making your GoPro better than ever.
Camera manufacturers frequently issue updates for their cameras which add new functionality or resolve bugs that customers have encountered. These updates are called Firmware updates, and they are quick and easy to install.
This latest Firmware is version 3.03.02.39, the improvements are:
- Audio clarity improvements
- Fix: Pressing and holding the Power button during One Button Mode recording now powers off the camera.
In addition, version 3.03.02.37, released at the beginning of April added the following improvements:
- Software version # is now visible on upon startup.
- Narrow FOV 1080p30/1080p60 (Protune)
- Narrow FOV 720p60 (Protune)
- Medium FOV 720p60 (Protune)
- Default start-up mode is now 960p48
To update your device, GoPro have produced the short video below to take you through the process.
The software can be accessed here.
For further details of the updates, plus updates for other GoPro models, click here.