high-speed standard zoom with built-in VC (Vibration Compensation)*. Even when shooting in low-light conditions at slow shutter speeds, Tamron's acclaimed VC system allows hand-held images to be pin-sharp at speeds up to 4 stops slower than normal. It incorporates specialised high-grade glass in three LD elements, three Glass Molded Aspherical Lenses, one Hybrid Aspherical Lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) elements to deliver top-class images.
Using a rounded diaphragm, the SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di achieves gorgeous blur effects and it features a USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF system, together with full-time manual focus override.
The SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di adopts new technology including the latest optical design, all in a light and compact package. It also features moisture-resistant construction, helping to prevent water from penetrating.
Features / Tech Spec:
• Filter Size: 82mm
• Length: 108.5mm, Diameter: 88.2mm
• Weight: 825g
• Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups, Diaphragm Blades: 9
• Minimum Focus Distance: 0.38m, Max. Magnification Ratio 1:5 (at f=70mm: MFD 0.38m)
• Standard Accessory: Petal-shaped lens hood
* Sony mount lens does not have VC, because the body of Sony digital SLR cameras includes image stabilization functionality.
CLICK HERE to view the Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD.